Star Wars Weekends 2012 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World features a variety of walk-around Disney characters in Star Wars attire (including Darth Goofy, Jedi Mickey, Stormtrooper Donald, and Princess Leia) plus Star Wars characters for autographs and photos (including Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Storm Troopers, and many others).
Here are some of our shots of the Star Wars characters from the first weekend of Star Wars Weekends 2012. Make sure to check out our full Star Wars Weekends Tips & Tricks, which includes tons of merchandise photos, Hyperspace Hoopla photos, character photos, and tips for Star Wars Weekends!
Which Star Wars characters are your favorites? Share your thoughts in the comments!
We will be at POFQ for the first Star Wars weekend this May. We want to be at the park early for the Storm Trooper Show at about 7:30 I believe? So far there is no disney transportation available to get us to the DHS front gate early. So we are going to take a yellow cab from the resort. We are only there to get character pictures, ride some rides and see some attractions, fireworks & shows. No autographs and no motorcade. We have set aside a lot of free time for waiting in lines. Including one hour alone for walking to and from Beaches and Cream. An hour for dining too! Have hoppers can hop to EP. Six questions if I might:
1) Just how early do we need to get to the front gate to see the Storm Trooper skit. Especially if they open the park early.
2) Did you go out of the park for lunch or dinner or both?.
3) How did you get to the park before 7 a.m.?
4) Any food or desert recommendations on that waterway route to EP. Like meals, deserts, or snacks. Especially cup cakes to try. Or in DHS itself?
5) What do you think about shooting with the Sigma F 1.4 in bright daylight there with a high f stop like f22,F32 or higher. I think the shutter speed will be high anyway and it allows great depth of field sharpness. Or do you like the characters in focus and the background blurred. Manual Mode. Your thoughts