Disneyland Restaurant Reviews
Our Disneyland Resort restaurant reviews offer opinions and food photos from the best & worst dining at California Adventure, Disneyland, Downtown Disney, and hotels. Each review contains a detailed description of atmosphere and theme, plus food photos, and our menu recommendations–and what to avoid. (Updated October 29, 2019.)
There are dozens of restaurants in each of the Disneyland Resort theme parks, and chances are that you won’t have time to try them all…unless you’re a local or are taking a really long trip! Over the last few years, we’ve dined at the majority of the restaurants in Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure, Downtown Disney, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, Disneyland Hotel, and even Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel!
Generally speaking, we’re pretty big fans of dining at Disneyland. The in-park dining scene is fun and features a ton of seasonal menus to attract locals. The hotel restaurants and most of the new options at Downtown Disney can hold their own with the “real world” culinary offerings in Los Angeles and Orange County. Of course, those are generalizations that aren’t universally applicable…
For how a specific restaurant compares to its counterparts at Disneyland Resort, you’ll want to consult the reviews. These take into account both cuisine quality and ambiance or theme, but not service. This is because service can be very inconsistent at all Disneyland restaurants. Experiences with service can vary from night to night, or even table to table. It’s simply not a reliable benchmark for Disneyland restaurants.
The reviews here are just for the Disneyland Resort in California. Our reviews are typically updated regularly as we revisit restaurants. If you’re traveling beyond Anaheim, we also have reviews for Disney restaurants around the globe, including Walt Disney World, Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disney Resort, and Hong Kong Disneyland. Check out our “Disney Dining Reviews Index” page to find them all.
If a restaurant that you’re considering is absent from the reviews below, feel free to ask about it in the comments. We’ve thus far only reviewed a portion of the restaurants at which we’ve dined, as we try to eat at each restaurant a couple of times before reviewing it, unless we feel we tried the “core” of the menu and got the full experience in one visit.
Here are our reviews and other dining resources from Disneyland Resort…
- Bengal Barbecue Review (Adventureland)
- Oga’s Cantina Bar (Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge)
- Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo Review (Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge)
- Blue & Green Milk Stand Review (Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge)
- Cafe Orleans Review (New Orleans Square)
- Club 33 Dinner Review (New Orleans Square)
- Club 33 Lunch Review (New Orleans Square)
- Club 33 “New-Look” Review (New Orleans Square)
- French Market Review (New Orleans Square)
- Breakfast in the Park with Minnie & Friends Review (Main Street USA)
- Little Red Wagon Review (Main Street USA)
- Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe Review (Main Street USA)
- Carnation Cafe Review (Main Street USA)
- Plaza Inn Review (Main Street USA)
- Alien Pizza Planet Review (Tomorrowland)
- Red Rose Taverne Review (Fantasyland)
- Village Haus Restaurant Review (Fantasyland)
- Hungry Bear Restaurant Review (Critter Country)
- Harbour Galley Review (Critter Country)
- Rancho del Zocalo Review (Frontierland)
- River Belle Terrace Review (Frontierland)
- Golden Horseshoe & Stage Door Cafe Review (Frontierland)
Disney California Adventure
- Alfresco Tasting Terrace Review (Pacific Wharf)
- Carthay Circle Restaurant & Lounge Review (Buena Vista Street)
- Flo’s V8 Cafe (Cars Land)
- New Menu at Flo’s V8 Cafe (Cars Land)
- Cozy Cone Motel (Cars Land)
- Award Wieners Review (Hollywood Land)
- Lamplight Lounge Review (Pixar Pier)
- Lamplight Lounge Brunch Review (Pixar Pier)
- Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats Review (Pixar Pier)
- Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta Review (Paradise Pier)
- Paradise Garden Grill Review (Paradise Pier)
- Corn Dog Castle (Paradise Pier)
- Wine Country Trattoria Review (Pacific Wharf)
- Cocina Cucamonga Review (Pacific Wharf)
- Lucky Fortune Cookery Review (Pacific Wharf)
- Smokejumpers Grill Review (Grizzly Peak Airfield)
- Catal Restaurant Review
- Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes Review
- Salt & Straw Ice Cream Review
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes Review
Disneyland Resort Hotels
- Goofy’s Kitchen Character Breakfast Review (Disneyland Hotel)
- Trader Sam’s Review (Disneyland Hotel)
- Tangaroa Terrace Review (Disneyland Hotel)
- Steakhouse 55 Breakfast Review (Disneyland Hotel)
- Steakhouse 55 Lounge Review (Disneyland Hotel)
- Mickey’s Tales of Adventure Breakfast at Storyteller’s Cafe (Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa)
- GCH Craftsman Bar Review (Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa)
- GCH Craftsman Grill Review (Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa)
- Napa Rose Review (Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa)
- Napa Rose Chef’s Counter Review (Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa)
- Hearthstone Lounge Review (Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa)
- Storyteller’s Cafe Review (Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa)
- Whitewater Snacks Review (Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa)
- Donald Duck’s Seaside Character Breakfast (Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel)
Other Disneyland Dining Resources
- Character Dining Guide for Disneyland Resort
- Disneyland Resort Bar Crawl Tips
- Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival Guide
- Best Cheap Eats at Disneyland
- Top 7 Must-Eat Disneyland Foods
- Top 10 Disneyland Counter Service Restaurants
- Top 10 Disney California Adventure Counter Service Restaurants
- Top 10 Delicious Desserts at Disneyland
- Halloween Food Guide to Disneyland Park
- Halloween Food Guide to Disney California Adventure
- Christmas Food Guide to Disneyland Park
- Christmas Food Guide to Disney California Adventure
- 60+ Delicious Disneyland Dining Tips
- Disneyland Dining Plan (Currently Unavailable)
These reviews cover just a portion of the Disneyland Resort restaurants at which we’ve dined. If you have questions about other restaurants, please leave them in the comments. We very well might be able to offer some quick opinions of other restaurants!
This page will be updated regularly with new Disneyland dining reviews. Some upcoming restaurants to be reviewed include Blue Bayou, Ballast Point Brewing Company, Tomorrowland Terrace, and others! It’s also a good idea to searching the menus of different Disneyland restaurants to see which restaurants might appeal most to your family—given all of the choices, that can be a smart way to narrow things down.
If you’re preparing for a Disneyland trip, check out our other planning posts, including how to save money on Disneyland tickets, our Disney packing tips, tips for booking a hotel (off-site or on-site), where to dine, and a number of other things, check out our comprehensive Disneyland Vacation Planning Guide!
Which Disneyland Resort restaurants are your favorites? Are there any restaurants you recommend avoiding? Do you agree or disagree with our any of our reviews? Any questions? Hearing your feedback–even when you disagree with us–is both interesting to us and helpful to other readers, so please share your thoughts below in the comments!
I’m surprised that Blue Bayou is missing!
We’ve dined at Blue Bayou several times, but never reviewed it for a variety of reasons (a couple of times, the menu changed before I got around to posting the review). If it’s your first time at Disneyland, Blue Bayou is worth doing for the atmosphere alone. It’s overpriced and the food can be hit or miss, but we still recommend it.
Any idea what actual time (and time zone) the Disneyland dining reservations open up online? I’ve called Disney directly to ask 3 times and gotten 3 different answers.
Where can I find a good burger and fries at Disneyland? That’s pretty much all my child will eat. We loved the burger and truffle fries you recommended at Crew’s Cup at WDW.